Drag Fest Competitors
The electronic world has now caught up in the insurance business. The Superior Classics Car Club must now have electronic registration by all racers, pit crew members and volunteers, so basically anyone on site at its drag race events. It truly has been a challenge to get it all set up. Now the next step is to have you the participants sign the waiver. This must be done only by using a cell phone and I repeat this can only be done using a cell phone. If you do not own a cell phone use a friends or get a friend to do it for you with you there. The reason being is it will send you the waiver via text to finish filling. These waivers must be completed before you are allowed through the gate for insurance purposes.
Now here are the instructions on how to fill out the waiver.
Please Read all of this before you attempt it to save the frustration we went thru. It takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
**** We must emphasize that you consent to electronic signature and use of your camera for taking your ID photo. If you fail to allow this, you will not be able to complete your waiver.****
-Tap on the link https://dragfest.speedwaiver.com/pxtdc
– Tap the “Dragfest”
Complete your first and last name and the cell phone number you are using to complete the waiver. Pick the appropriate box of the signer.
-Tap “Send Waiver Links”
Next you will receive a text from Speed Waiver
go to the text and tap on the link.
Approve the consent requests for Electronic Signature and Camera if requested. Tap “Next”
Now it’s time to take your photo. Position your head in the screenshot of the head and take the picture. If you’re happy with your picture tap “next” and you’re not happy with your picture press clear and retry.
The waver now comes up. Please read it all and then sign it with your finger in the Signature Box then tap next.
You’re Done! You will receive another text with the link to your ID photo. Please “screen capture” the photo so it can be shown quickly at the entrance gate for faster entrance. Once again you must have this completed to be able to access and participate. This is for all pit crew members and volunteers during Dragfest.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you all shortly.
- The competitors gate will open at 4:00pm on Thursday until 10:00pm. Please adjust your travel time to arrive when the gates are open to avoid road congestion.
- Any competition arriving after 10:00pm are asked to park in the campground area and line up for an 8:00am start on Friday. Friday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sunday 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Price is $250.00 per competitor any day entry
- Pit Crew $60.00 per member weekend price
- One pit area assigned per paid Race Vehicle
- All campers, trailers, pit vehicle and support equipment for this pit must fit into the assigned pit. All other vehicles must be parked in the spectators parking area as space is limited.
- Please respect your fellow racers/campers. If you run a generator please ensure you are not gassing out your fellow campers.
- Place garbage at the cans for pickup and clean your pit before you leave.
- Other then during race times, charges of driving without wearing a helmet for those vehicles where required may be issued.
- Charges may be laid by the police for drinking other residence when not in your pit when applicable.
NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 16 SHALL DRIVE ANY TYPE OF MOTORIZED VEHICLE SUCH AS QUAD, MINIBIKE, GOLF CART. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
Grounds For Disqualifications And Rank Of Worst Offenses ( the lower the number, the worse the offense)
0. Burnouts in the staging lanes or in the pit area, or return road.
0. Use of alcoholic beverages or other impairment of driver, or crewman.
1. Failure to report to staging when called or entering a closed staging lane.
1. Leaving race car after approaching starting line,leaving car unattended at starting line,water box or staging area
1. Refusing an official re-run.
1. Running a vehicle on the track before the vehicle has been approved by tech director at each event.
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct, improper language or conduct detrimental to racing.
1. Any condition considered to be unsafe or unfair by the race director and/or the technical committee.
1. Utilization of Delay Box in a class in which it is prohibited.
2. Failure to fire the engine in required manner for a class of participant.
2. Backing into staging beams.
3. Touching strip center line, in any situation during measured 1,320 feet (or 1/8 mile) unintentionally. (except on single run)
4. Neutral start.
5.Touching strip outer marker line or leaving strip surface during a measured race unintentionally. (except on single run)
5. Excessive braking in handicap eliminations that causes loss of control. If only tire smoke is obvious, a warning may be issued for first offense. This is at the discretion of race director.
7. Foul start on dual competition run.
8. ” Breakout” or running under your dial-in on a dual competition run.
9. Not crossing the finish line on a dual competition run.
- In cases of equal infractions, the “first” offense will be the loser. Race director will determine “first” offense.
- Items ranked “0” will be given a value by race director depending on circumstances.
- In dual offense situations, the worse offense is the applicable offense, unless both are equal, then the first offense will be the loser.
- Should a driver receive a red-light foul start, and the opposing driver crosses the lane boundary line, the later infraction would prevail and the driver committing the foul start would be reinstated.